Sometimes, when you are accessing a folder on Windows 10 computers or attempting to save a file in a folder, you might get an error message which says “Currently you don’t have permission to access this folder, click on Continue to permanently get access this folder.” However, after clicking on this Continue option, it shows a message like “You have been denied permission to access this folder. For again gaining access to this folder, you will need to use the Security tab” error.
Generally, the Windows 10 shows this error when your user account doesn’t have enough permission to access the folder easily. Though, if you are the administrator on the computer or if you know the administrator password, then only you can easily fix this error by adding the required permissions to access this folder. Here we guide with some simple steps by which you can be able to fix this error without any error message. The process in detail is discussed below.
Steps to Solve You Don’t Currently Have Permission To Access This Folder In Windows 10 Error
Before beginning the process, we suggest you use these steps in a given sequence as it will take less time and fewer efforts. The steps are discussed below:
- Firstly, right-click on the folder which you are not able to access to or save files in and then click on Properties option.
- Toggle to the Security tab.
- Under the Group or User names section, click on the Edit button to open the Permission dialog box on your screen.
- In the Permissions for UserAccountName, check it once if boxes are marked under Deny column. Then, Unmarked the box from the Deny column.
- Next, click on the Apply option.
Note: if they are not selected or grayed out, then you need to click on the Add button.
- Under the Enter the object names to select box, type ‘Everyone’ in that box.
- Then, click on the Check Names button.
- Lastly, click on the OK button.
- Finally, under the Group or User Names section, choose Everyone.
- In the Permissions for Everyone section, tick-mark Full Control option.
- Click on the Apply tab.
- Then, click on the OK
Hopefully, the steps above will help you in solving this issue. But still, if you are unable to access the folder, then we suggest you scan your computer with any good antivirus software.